The Swiss carbon offset foundation myclimate confirms that Brunni-Bahnen Engelberg AG has made a sustainable contribution to voluntary climate protection by offsetting 347.07 t CO2 in high-quality myclimate carbon offset projects and awarded Brunni-Bahnen Engelberg AG the title of "climate neutral company 2018" on 1 May 2018. The Brunni Lifts as a whole are certified as the only climate-neutral mountain railway in Switzerland due to their climate measures.
In Engelberg all cable cars are operated with CO2-neutral electricity. All companies are striving to promote sustainability in our region with further projects.
SUSTAINABILITY AS A STRATEGY
In their corporate strategy, the Brunni cableway corporation has committed itself to the sustainable and careful use of energy resources. The following measures have already been taken in recent years:
- The Berglodge Restaurant Ristis was completely renovated in summer 2019. In addition to 220 indoor and 250 outdoor seats and seven guest rooms with a total of 41 beds, investments were made in a photovoltaic system on the roof. These have now been awarded this week with the Swiss Solar PrizeDiploma 2021.
- On 31 May 2016, the company's own solar power plant on Ristis with a capacity of 27 kWp went into operation. The solar power plant produced 30,000 kWh of electricity in its first year of operation. This is roughly equivalent to the amount of electricity required for snow-making on the slopes between Ristis and Brunnihütte.
- On the first of August 2019, the solar roof of the Ristis mountain restaurant went into operation, which has an installed capacity of 99 kWp with solar tiles on an area of approx. 650 square metres. The roof produces considerably more electricity than the Ristis mountain restaurant needs.
- The hot water and heating energy of the family restaurant OX on Klostermatte is extracted from the ground water.
- Since June 2013, the transport facilities have been running on 100% electricity from virtually CO2-free hydropower.
- Awareness-raising actions for school classes within the framework of a "climate day".
- In the Berglodge Ristis, hot water production has been supported by a thermal solar system and the waste heat from the cooling systems for almost 20 years.
The Titilis Cabelways are in discussion with the myclimate foundation to launch further projects.
The Fürenalp is a small jewel in the middle of the mighty mountain world and an insider tip in Engelberg. You can expect an impressive panorama, soothing peace and a fascinating natural landscape.